Required SkillsFinancial Statements IFRS Interpersonal Reporting Time Management
Our client is a leader in the insurance industry.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting to Head of Accounting;
- Perform, handle and assist in the completion of the monthly closure tasks and reporting;
- Assist in the set-up and implementation of new projects;
- Maintain synergies between the different business activities within the Finance department;
- Handle insurance-related activities across all companies;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors during interim and year-end audits;
- Assist the Head of Accounting in constantly reviewing and analysing business systems and processes, financial data, and accounting procedures and suggesting improvements where necessary to continuously strive for improved efficiency throughout the organisation;
- Prepare workflows and related accounting schemes for upcoming new projects and maintain existing accounting schemes;
- Perform user acceptance testing in respect of new accounting projects to be undertaken in the immediate future;
- Compile and document new accounting policies and procedures, as well as update and maintain existing ones;
- Prepare annual financial statements under IFRS;
- Actively engage in the transition from IFRS 4 to IFRS 9 and IFRS 17, and document periodic status reports as necessary;
- Perform, handle and assist in the monthly financial reporting closure and ensure deadlines are met in order to enable consistent, timely, accurate, and relevant reporting;
- Assist in liaising with Head Office with any ad-hoc requests which may arise;
- Assist in other ad-hoc tasks.
- In the final stages of completing ACCA certification or equivalent qualification;
- Good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Experience in auditing would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience in the insurance industry, would be considered an asset, although not a requirement.
- Excellent communication skills especially in English, both verbally and written;
- A good team player and understands the necessity of keeping up within a fast-paced, growing international work environment;
- Dedicated, results-oriented, and with a can-do attitude;
- Being able to work on own initiative and have good time-management skill;
- Ability to prioritise and manage different tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills and being able to form part of a team dictated by the drive to deliver results against tight reporting deadlines.