Assistant Financial Controller (Maltese Speaking)
Required SkillsAccount Management Accounts BA (Hons) Bachelor of Accountancy Budgeting English Finance Financial Statements Forecasting Maltese MS Excel Macros Problem Solving Sage Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading provider of residential care services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the Financial Controller in the day to day running of the finance department;
- Ensure that accounting entries are properly and timely recorded;
- Carry out regular reconciliations of all control accounts, bank and cash accounts as well intragroup company accounts;
- Manage and mentor a small team of junior staff;
- Recommend improvements to the existing internal reporting;
- Physically attend stock takes and review any variances;
- Ensure that all internal practices comply with legislation;
- Review and enhance internal controls;
- Be involved in the preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts;
- Improve and automate internal processes where possible by leveraging technology to ensure efficiency;
- Assist external auditors during the interim and annual statutory audit;
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with accounting standards.
- Experience in a similar position;
- Excellent understanding of accounting and financial processes;
- Fluent in English and Maltese languages;
- Well conversant with Microsoft Excel;
- Be in possession or in the final stages of an accounting degree or equivalent;
- Previous experience of SUN accounting software/Sage will be considered as an asset.
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize the tasks assigned;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability.