Client Manager – Italian Accountant
Required SkillsAccount Management Analytical Bank Reconciliation Client Networking Compliance English Invoicing Microsoft Office Tax Returns Teamwork Training VAT Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading company in accounting and education, specialising in international tax.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Report to the partner in charge of Malta office;
- Responsible for assisting in the formation and maintaining both Maltese and Italian entities, arranging legal, accounting and tax advice;
- Manage a growing portfolio of international clients;
- Deliver accurate management accounts, annual accounts, tax returns as well as assisting clients with the preparation and filling of the VAT returns;
- Assisting with bank opening procedures in particular coordinating the collection of due diligence documentation and assisting with KYC exercises;
- Assisting with company formation and administration both in Malta and also where necessary in other countries (mainly through our partners in those countries);
- Assisting with invoicing and drafting of fee estimates, quotes, proposals to potential and existing clients;
- Following up on leads;
- General duties as may be required.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in accounting in Italy, preferably within an accounting firm;
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar position in Malta or in other European countries, with accounting and corporate services;
- Experience in working in areas such as international corporate taxation or European VAT would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written in English and Italian, another language as German, French or Spanish would be an asset;
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office Tools;
- Knowledge of Xero or Quickbooks accounting software would be favorably considered;
- Good analytical skills;
- Be a logical thinker and have the ability to find practical solutions to challenging tasks;
- Strong personal drive and a competitive spirit;
- Enjoy building and developing relationships and working in a dynamic team.
- Discretionary bonus depending on the performance;
- Periodical traveling to Italy with a possibility to move to Italy permanently;
- Possibility to build and manage your own team.