Procurement and Logistics Executive
Required SkillsAnalytical Customer Needs Customer Requirements Health and Safety MQF Oral Communication Organizational Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leader in innovative engineered solutions.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Run the day-to-day Dispatch department;
- Liaise with freight forwarders for shipment collections;
- Update internal dispatch systems;
- Preparing customs documents using customs online system;
- Correspond via e-mail both with foreign and local customers;
- Prepare paperwork for courier shipments;
- Maintaining the purchasing policy and ensuring that all purchases adhere to policy;
- Updating the Internal Requisition system by requesting quotes from various suppliers;
- Evaluate vendor’s quotation to ensure that they are in line with the technical specifications required;
- Implementing internal procurement strategies to cater to high delivery and short lead-time requirements;
- Taking charge of daily operational purchasing needs such as planning, issuing, and following up on Purchase Order delivery and shipment schedules;
- Support the purchasing department in any task the Procurement Manager deems necessary;
- Ensuring all daily shipments are dispatched according to customers’ requirements;
- Support the procurement function and liaise with local and foreign suppliers to maintain the supply chain and assist with administrative tasks.
- Experience in procurement/purchasing and logistics will be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills;
- Very well organised and able to handle pressure and deadlines;
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft applications;
- Be a team player to achieve common goals and willing to learn and work under minimal supervision;
- Good analytical skills, with the ability to create reports and conduct cost analyses;
- Show a self-driven, resourceful attitude and a proactive approach to a busy environment;
- Be flexible and able to operate in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.