Quality Assurance Senior Executive
Required SkillsAutomation Communication Jira Microservices SOAP Teamwork Technology
Our client is leading communications services company.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Establishing and evolving formal QA processes, ensuring that the organisation is using industry-accepted best practices, including Agile Practices;
- Co-ordinating Quality Assurance activities whilst continuously expanding the Automation Framework;
- Understanding client/business requirements and applying critical thinking and improvement;
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met;
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA activities internally and with different Project teams;
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated) based on requirements;
- Responsible for creating test scenarios in a manner that can be used by the client as well as ensuring out of scope functionalities are highlighted properly;
- Reviewing functional specifications/user stories submitted by product architects and owners;
- Performing exploratory and ad-hoc manual testing (end-to-end, integration);
- Coordinating User Acceptance activities with various stakeholders;
- Taking a pro-active and dynamic approach towards problem solving and root cause analysis;
- Participate actively in retrospective meetings following sprint or project delivery;
- Be updated on the latest testing techniques, strategies, testing tools/ test frameworks, etc.;
- Evaluate and identify the required test automation and test management tools;
- Create and maintain the required test automation framework;
- Maintain and develop automation scripts within the CI/CD pipeline.
- Holding a degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- At least 5 years’ experience in software testing or similar roles;
- Proven test automation experience;
- Experience in micro-service architecture and queuing technologies will be considered an asset;
- Experience in building test plans and related tools such as MS Project.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues.
- Knowledge of test tools such as JIRA, SOAPUI, JMeter, LoadRunner etc.;
- Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical problem solving ability, and organizational skills.