System Operations Administrator
Required SkillsAnalytical Apache2 Communication MariaDB MSsql Nginx
Our client is a leading provider of back up software.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with our engineering and support teams to provide Infrastructure and Application support services for our external and internal platforms primarily hosted on Microsoft Azure;
- Proactively monitor all platforms, systems, and infrastructure;
- Investigate and react to any issues that might arise on Production, Internal and Pre-Production Infrastructure;
- Provide second line application support to escalated incidents in line with our SLO's and SLA's;
- Assist with the frequent release of software builds through our different environments;
- Manage our ticketing system for incidents, tasks, events, and maintenance;
- Assist with root cause analysis (RCA) of incidents;
- Act as an operational analyst and identify recurring issues and escalate to the appropriate teams;
- Continuously improve monitoring solutions, applications, tools, and processes through automation;
- Assist with overall systems improvements and recurrent tasks;
- Maintain updated documentation and runbooks;
- Liaise with providers and third parties;
- Assist with other tasks from time to time;
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Scripting experience in PowerShell or other languages;
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux OS including troubleshooting, Cloud infrastructure (such as Azure or AWS), and in-network services, including TCP/IP stack, DNS, TLS/SSL, and HTTP.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills in English;
- Ability to work proactively and have an analytical mindset;
- Familiarity with monitoring tools, web servers (IIS, Apache, Nginx) and with database technologies (MsSQL, MySQL, MariaDB) and good knowledge of SQL statements;
- Team player, attention to detail, and able to multitask.