We are happy to see that we have managed to catch your attention – because that’s exactly what we want to do, catch great candidates’ interest so that they apply for exciting jobs at ComeOn Group.
Join us as our next Data Engineer
As our new data engineer, you will be involved in the design, development and maintenance of a brand-new real-time data streaming platform for analytical and operational use, that is also reused for streaming data to various internal and external systems.
This platform is entirely developed on AWS. You will be working closely with various internal stakeholders making sure their requirements are met.
This is a challenging role with huge growth potential as you will be helping to build the backbone where all our real-time data will flow through.
What will you get up to day to day?
- Hands on design and development of the data platform
- Follow and apply best practices while building the data streaming framework
- Maintain and build robust and performant data pipelines
- Focus on data quality assurance, verification of accuracy and consistency of data
- Maintain and support data streaming processes ensuring regular feeds with minimal intervention
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the data feeds
- Support, assist, establish and maintain appropriate communication channels with business users in the context of company data assets
- Maintain and promote collaboration with other technical teams responsible for upstream/downstream systems
- Maintain transparent communication within the team / other departments within the company
- Participate in brainstorming meetings to discuss existing issues and new ideas
- Participate in daily / weekly team meetings
- Develop further current skill set both from technological and soft skills perspective
- Experienced data engineer with 5+ years of extensive Data Integration / near-real time streaming solution development
- Excellent command of spoken English
- Strong experience in programming in Scala, Python or Java
- Strong experience in managing and processing large data sets
- Experience in data stream processing such as Spark, Flink, Kafka or similar is desired
- Experience with AWS or GPC cloud platform Big Data streaming solutions is desired
- Experience with columnar databases such as Amazon Redshift, GCP Big Query or similar is desired
- Ability to obtain, analyse and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment whilst interacting with a variety of different disciplines
- Proven ability to prioritize and deal with problems systematically and provide clear communications regarding the issues, resolution times and solutions
- Keen attention to detail and data quality
& then some nice to haves…
- Hold an academic degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science or mathematics
- Experience within the iGaming industry would be considered an asset
- Experience in SQL query writing and optimisation
- Experience in business analysis and requirements gathering
- Experience with data warehousing will be considered an asset
ComeOn Group in short
Founded in 2008, ComeOn Group is a leading global player in the rapidly growing iGaming market. Having launched its first online brand in 2010, ComeOn Group is running a wide range of exciting brands across multiple markets. Operating more than 20 brands on its proprietary platform providing a secure, innovative and entertainment-led player experience across casino and sports betting. ComeOn Group is an international employer within the iGaming industry and has over 500 talented employees across 7 main locations.
So what can you expect from ComeOn as a place of work?
At ComeOn, we have adapted a Hybrid Work model which means that we offer our employees an option to pick their workstation for the day. Want to work from the office a few days a week and some days from home? That’s totally fine with us! ComeOn is known for their inviting and vibrant offices that offer creative areas for collaboration and desk set-ups designed for a Hybrid Work model. When you visit one of our offices you will always be welcomed by a friendly face that will take good care of you. It’s our curiosity that drives our innovative business forward and we work hard in a #runtogether spirit and we always make sure to top it up by #havingfun! You will not regret picking ComeOn as your next place of work.
Want to know more about us just visit our website www.comeon-group.com or any of our social media channels to take a deep dive into our culture!
ComeOn Group winner of 2021 IGA Awards:
The ComeOn Moment
That moment when right before the roulette ball stops, or during when the penalty shoots out in the world cup final, when time slows down, when every heartbeat can be felt, when you think, whisper or scream ComeOn, ComeOn, ComeOn!
You don’t have to be a gambler to work at ComeOn Group, but you have to understand the power of having something at stake, with the potential to win or lose. We have all experienced this, if not with money on the table, maybe it was our hearts!
I’m interested, what do I do next?
Waste no time and complete your application expressing your interest and why you want to work for us today, we like individuality so let your personality come through!
Applications might take a few weeks to review so please stay cool. We shall get back to you 😉
Are you curious how we roll here at ComeOn Group!? Check it out here!
If you want to learn how we act in compliance with the GDPR, you can access our Recruitment Privacy Notice here.