Required SkillsACCA Communication Financial Statements FRS (Functional Requirement Specification) GAPSE IFRS Organizational
Our Client is a provider of trust and corporate services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting directly to the head of the Accounting Department;
- Establishing and managing the accounting department;
- Maintaining the general ledger and preparing management accounts;
- Managing and developing the Client Accounting function and relationships for services provided to other group offices;
- Plan and prioritize own workload and that of the team to ensure that both internal and external targets/deadlines are achieved;
- Act as a point of reference on bookkeeping, complex and technical matters;
- Carrying out reviews of financial statements;
- Coaching and training of less experienced team members;
- Liaison with other offices within the Group;
- Available to assist in other duties as and when requested.
- Achievement of ACA / ACCA / University Degree in Accounting;
- Experience in a similar role;
- Solid understanding of the preparation of financial statements under GAPSE, IFRS, and FRS.
- Good communication, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate junior staff;
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Innovative team player with the ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably Maltese but not a must;
- Ability to work to deadlines with moderate supervision;
- Excellent management and multitasking Skills.