Required SkillsACCA Accounts Attention to Detail Bookkeeping Client Relations GAPSME IFRS Self-motivation TAX Tax Returns Teamwork VAT
Our client is a leading organisation in corporate services, trustees and fiduciaries.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare management accounts and liaise with the external auditors;
- Prepare and file VAT returns;
- Keep abreast of technical developments in VAT, Income Tax and relevant Accounting Standards, including IFRS and GAPSME, also by attending relevant seminars and courses;
- Assist with the day to day operations;
- Responsible for handling the more complex accounting matters;
- Review Financial Statements and returns;
- Act as a point of contact for clients, shareholders, advisors and other interested parties;
- Attend clients board meeting as and when required;
- Maintain records both in hard copies and on electronic databases;
- Other related duties as may from time to time be reasonably required;
- Keep abreast of developments in accounting, VAT, Income Tax and Accounting Standards, and other relevant laws to ensure that the Group complies with the respective regulations for the jurisdictions in which we operate;
- Uphold the company’s values by promoting a culture of professionalism, teamwork and equality.
- Part qualified through the ACCA qualification (preferably be in possession of ACCA Taxation Malta TX/F6);
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in an organisation active in Accounting, Audit, Trust or Corporate sectors;
- Proven track record of exceeding targets;
- Direct operational experience of international structures and private clients.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Hands-on and with attention to detail;
- Collaborative team-player with experience of working in a dynamic organisation and able to build bridges between the different stakeholders within the organisation;
- A positive attitude towards solving problems;
- Ability to think outside the box;
- Culturally sensitive and experienced in dealing with multiple nationalities, business cultures;
- Ability to deal with change and to take initiative.