Required SkillsACCA Accounts Audit BA (Hons) Bachelor of Accountancy English HR Maltese Microsoft Office Payments Payroll Reporting Self-motivation Teamwork VAT Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a boutique international tax and law firm.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor bank accounts and posting of bank transactions;
- Update bank balances on a regular basis;
- Monthly bank reconciliations;
- Process supplier payments;
- Update of credit card transactions;
- Process of online/credit card payments;
- Compilation of monthly management accounts within established timeframes;
- Process Payroll;
- Responsible for HR and Personnel duties;
- Assist monthly reporting or other analysis on an ad-hoc basis;
- Responsible for other nominal ledger postings;
- Issue invoices to clients;
- Prepare of vat returns;
- Assist in the annual statutory audit;
- Responsible for NSO and similar questionnaires;
- Responsible for other duties normally performed in an accounts department.
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- In the process of obtaining an accountancy qualification (AAT, ACCA or University Degree);
- Candidates with previous experience in payroll will be given priority;
- Experience in Shireburn will be considered an asset;
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, will be considered as an asset.
- Be self-motivated;
- Have good communication skills in both written and spoken English and preferably Maltese.
- Able to work both individually and within a team with minimal supervision.