Required SkillsAccounts Attention to Detail English GAPSME IFRS Invoicing Payments Tax Returns VAT Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading organisation in corporate services, trustees and fiduciaries.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Report to the Accounts manager;
- Works closely with the Manager, Accounts and the accounting team to ensure adequate support for the accounting operations and to help meet departmental targets;
- Works closely with the Manager, Accounts to ensure the quality of client services and adherence to their requirements in compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Updating accounting records and preparation of regular management accounts for a portfolio of international holding and trading entities;
- Preparation of tax computations and submission of income tax returns;
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns;
- Liaising and supporting external auditors;
- Assisting in client work as may be required;
- Maintenance of clients’ documents and records both in hard copy and on the electronic database;
- Posting of payments and invoices;
- Attending client board meeting both physically and using online;
- Undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require;
- Keeping abreast of technical and legal developments in VAT, Income Tax and Accounting Standards, including IFRS and GAPSME, also by attending relevant seminars and courses;
- Uphold our company values by promoting a culture of professionalism, teamwork and equality.
- Advanced level student of the ACCA or similar accounting qualification including Maltese Law and Tax variants;
- A minimum of 1 year experience working with an accounts team;
- Preference would be given to candidates who worked with a CSP and/or with International Clients.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Collaborative team-player with similar experience of working in a dynamic organisation;
- Hands-on and with attention to detail. Positive attitude towards solving problems and ability to think outside the box and ability to think outside the box;
- Culturally sensitive and experienced in dealing with multiple nationalities, business cultures;
- Ability to deal with change and to take initiative.