Assistant Hotel Manager
Required SkillsAccounts Attention to Detail Communication Customer Needs Customer Requirements Health and Safety KPI Reporting Leadership Microsoft Office Operations Oral Communication Organisational Problem Solving Report Writing Support Target Setting Teamwork
Our client is a leading operator in the hospitality industry.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with the Hotel Manager to oversee daily operations, ensuring adherence to hotel policies and established procedures;
- Delegate responsibilities to Heads of Departments (HODs) and monitor their performance to maintain operational excellence;
- Monitor and manage guest feedback on platforms such as TripAdvisor and OTA sites;
- Establish targets, KPIs, schedules, policies, and procedures to enhance efficiency and guest satisfaction;
- Foster a two-way communication environment, promoting teamwork and motivation among staff;
- Uphold health and safety regulations to provide a secure environment for guests and employees;
- Provide regular reports on sales results, productivity, and operational updates to the management team;
- Lead operations meetings and daily briefings with HODs in the absence of the Hotel Manager;
- Ensure strict adherence to hotel operating controls, SOPs, policies, procedures, and service standards;
- Align objectives and goals with the Company’s brand positioning for collective success;
- Cultivate owner loyalty through effective communication, expectation management, and achieving solid business results;
- Support the Hotel Manager in key property matters, including ongoing projects, customer service, and refurbishment initiatives;
- Develop managers, supervisors, and high-potential employees through comprehensive development plans;
- Drive service quality and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Proven experience in food and beverage management;
- Be proficient in various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS systems);
- Experience in financial accounting, personnel supervision, and problem resolution will be considered an asset.
- Exceptional communication and attentive listening skills;
- Thrive in high-pressure environments;
- Demonstrate strong organizational, prioritization, and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail;
- Mature, courteous, and collaborative team player with outstanding interpersonal abilities;
- Adaptable to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings, and holidays;
- Proficient in identifying and efficiently resolving issues;
- Exhibit effective communication and leadership competencies;
- Keep abreast of current hospitality trends and best practices;
- Proficient in personnel management and achieving financial goals;
- Dedicated to providing exceptional guest-oriented service.