Required SkillsAnalytical Attention to Detail BA (Hons) Communication Customer Needs Data Gathering English Insurance Law Maintenance tasks Oral Communication Policy Enforcement Problem Solving Teamwork Writing Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leader in the insurance industry.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with the daily underwriting and processing of commercial risks for Europe;
- Review and summarise files gathering information on cases for referral to a more senior underwriter;
- Ensure policy wording is correct and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of policy coverage and be able to discuss this confidently with external and internal clients;
- Deal with new enquiries and queries via telephone and in writing and adhere to service standards;
- Input, update and maintain data so systems accurately reflect current position;
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and maintain high levels of service in order to maximise business and conversion rate;
- Work within prescribed objectives and procedures ensuring that all the requirements of department guidelines, service, regulatory and technical standards are met;
- Be proactive in considering the department’s processes and in highlighting the need for change/improvement;
- Understand external/internal clients needs and work with team to meet these needs;
- Model and promote the Company Values in all aspects of your daily work (Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork, Service and Leadership);
- Achieve and maintain technical competence in accordance with company standards;
- Undertake legal research, projects and other reasonable duties as assigned by line manager;
- Develop industry and marketplace knowledge;
- Travel to other locations in Europe as required.
- Have a strong degree (minimum 2:1) and/or legal/insurance/property professional qualification desirable;
- Be fluent in verbal and written English;
- Be competent in the use of Microsoft office suite;
- Knowledge of other European languages is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Proactively plan and organise work, clearly identifying priorities to meet objectives;
- Outstanding customer services skills;
- Be able to express facts/ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing;
- Be a team player;
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude.