Business Development Officer
Required SkillsBusiness Development Confidence Maltese Reporting Sales Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading financial institution with clients from all over the world.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with executives to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities;
- Develop a strategic sales plan including market research and segmentation;
- Work with senior management in planning sales and revenue targets;
- Execute and meet approved sales and revenue targets;
- Identify and meet sales opportunities, and strategically sell all card products of the company to prospective clients in selected segments;
- Identify and build agreements with strategic partners including Banks, fund management companies and corporations;
- Create and improve proposals for our existing and new clients, also Partners;
- Identify product shortcomings and initiate improvements;
- Identify and collaborate with the nosiness community in Malta to meet sales objectives;
- Represent the business at conferences, trade fairs and other networking events with the aim to identify new business opportunities;
- Work closely with other departments to ensure the most effective use of the resource is upheld for targets to be met;
- Develop sales tools and sales reporting to ensure full, accurate reporting of all sales and ensuing revenue targets;
- Provide training and mentoring to members of the business development team.
- At least 3 years' experience working in a business role;
- Experience in selling financial services products to corporate and institutional clients;
- Experience in private/investment banking will be considered an asset;
- Holding a business or sales/marketing degree;
- Proven track record of successful sales/business development/business growth.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English and Maltese, also further European languages are desirable;
- Documented successful and strong hands-on sales skills;
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead;
- Excellent networking and analytical skills;
- Be team players who understand how to identify a new market opportunity.