Cloud Data DevOps Engineer
Our Data team is looking for a Data DevOps Engineer who will be joining a bunch of talented and fun people.
In this role, you will support, maintain, operate and monitor our Data Platform which is hosted on AWS. You will also have the chance to build and automate processes as well as taking care of the CI/CD environment.
Joining our team will provide you with an opportunity to grow your skills and gain experience on both technologies.
A taster of what you will be involved with:
- Monitor, administer and deploy data workflows and systems;
- Proactively handle incidents and ensure solutions are applied in a timely manner;
- Manage incidents and perform on-call duties;
- Manage a data platform which is hosted on AWS;
- Manage application deployments and configuration;
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines;
- Automate and build monitoring, logging and deployment tools;
- Recognise data quality issues in both batch and real-time data pipelines;
- Ensure availability and performance of systems and databases;
- Able to provide solutions on how to improve bottlenecks and common database issues.
What’s in it for you?
As a super data-driven company we know that data can be the key differentiator on the very competitive market. The good news is, the technical systems that provide high level data are already in place here at Betsson Group but the biggest challenge now is to take these data systems to the next level and build a future-proof Data Platform.
For any Technical Data wiz out there, Betsson Group is the next step! This is the perfect environment to put your skills to the test by building a consolidated Data Platform with innovative features and most importantly joining a bunch of talented and fun group of people.
You’re good at
- Administration skills for data platforms like Cloud databases;
- Good knowledge about Kafka, Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with Nifi and Airflow as orchestrator;
- SQL -> PLSQL, T-SQL;
- Scripting -> PowerShell, Unix Scripting;
- Have a good understanding of Big Data and cloud technologies;
- Knowledge on data warehouse and ETL concepts. Familiarity with Snowflake is considered as a nice to have;
- Be familiar with any programming languages like Python;
- Experience in cloud infrastructure management tools like Terraform or Cloud-formation;
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery like TeamCity or Jenkins.
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
Check out the Betsson Group blog to find out what are employees are taking about!