Compliance Manager - LATAM
We are looking for a Compliance Manager LATAM to join our Legal and Compliance department. We can offer an interesting and rewarding job, working within a great team of lawyers and compliance personnel of different nationalities.
We are looking for a new team member to join our legal and regulatory/compliance department in Malta. We can offer an interesting and rewarding job, working within a great team of lawyers and compliance personnel of different nationalities.
- The ongoing compliance of all licences held by the company in LATAM;
- Ensuring that all applicable rules and regulations applicable to the industry, including but not limited to the regulations on gambling, anti-money laundering and advertising are complied with;
- Acting as liaison between the business and the regulator on all the company’s activities within LATAM, advising both the operational teams and management on strategy within the region;
- Managing regulatory audits and inspections as may arise from time to time;
- Conducting regulatory returns and risk assessments as required in accordance with standard company policy and applicable rules;
- Following the work of interest groups and other relevant associations and working with the Head of Regulatory Affairs and Director of Compliance on company-specific positions;
- Keeping abreast of developments in approaches to regulation;
- Working with the rest of the compliance team on ensuring a standardised approach to compliance across the business including through the coordination and implementation of policies, procedures and processes;
- Assisting the Director of Compliance in developing training programs for specific teams as may be identified.
- A law degree from a reputable University; persons with other degrees such as, in business, finance or IT will also be considered if they have relevant work experience in the Compliance area;
- Experience in compliance and regulatory-related work, with at least 2 years’ experience within a similar legal and/or compliance environment;
- Understanding of the exigencies of gambling, especially in the absence of specific gambling compliance experience.
You are good at:
- Understanding business needs and applying relevant legal requirements accordingly.
- Operating within a fast and dynamic environment, prioritising and managing processes and requirements as demanded by business priorities.
- Communicating both verbally and in writing in the Spanish and English language.
- Communicating in international business matters.
What we offer
We offer a fun and challenging role in a helpful and dynamic environment. For the right person there are many different career paths at Betsson, both if you want to deepen your technical skills or work with leadership in the future.