Compliance Officer (Maltese Speaking)
Required SkillsAML Audit Bachelors Degree in Law Compliance English KYC Maltese Microsoft Office
Our client is a provider of corporate, tax, accounting, business advisory, and administration services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Act as the compliance officer of the Company;
- Develop and implement an effective legal compliance monitoring program and other functions where necessary;
- Develop and review company policies and procedures as necessary;
- Ensure that AML and KYC requirements and procedures are properly followed;
- Conduct know-your-client (KYC) and due diligence processes;
- Perform and manage internal audit procedures, practices and documents to identify weaknesses;
- Implement and monitor proactive company policies including risk management policies and procedures;
- Collaborate with external consultants where necessary;
- Continuous education to the company employees on the latest regulations and processes;
- Ensure compliance with multi-national anti-money laundering laws and sanctions, and assisting with the reporting of suspicious transactions;
- Ongoing monitoring and reviewing all communications and notifications to the MFSA and other regulatory bodies;
- Ongoing monitoring and research on new policies and functions to be implemented or educated within the company.
- Hold a Doctorate of Laws or Legal Degree in Malta;
- Knowledge of Corporate industry regulations and standards;
- Knowledge in Due diligence & AML functions & practices;
- Previous experience in similar roles would be considered an advantage;
- Proficient in MS office applications;
- Fluency both English and Maltese, both written and verbal.
- Have a meticulous and conscientious approach to work;
- Be able to prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines.