Compliance Officer & MLRO
Required SkillsAML Analytical Attention to Detail Compliance Due Diligence English GDPR KYC Multi-Tasking PQ Teamwork Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a boutique international tax and law firm.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensuring the company’s compliance with internal and external compliance and AML requirements, regulations and directives, and legislation;
- Managing, training and providing inspired leadership to a small team of Compliance Administrators who assist with day-to-day compliance tasks and duties;
- Overseeing the administration of compliance processes, ensuring that client files are reviewed and updated on a regular basis through ongoing monitoring;
- Drafting, maintaining, and periodically assessing/updating the company’s compliance and AML framework, policies and procedures; ensuring that the company is operating within all required standards; communicating such policies and procedures to staff members;
- Acting as the company’s MLRO, ensuring the firm’s compliance with AML/CFT controls, reporting any suspicious activity to the relevant authorities and assisting in investigations accordingly.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for record-keeping, filing internal and external reports, developing and overseeing client onboarding processes, and ensuring that due diligence and KYC checks are being properly carried out on both prospective and current clients;
- Carrying out risk assessments;
- Developing and delivering adequate AML training to staff members to ensure awareness and see that the correct procedures are being followed;
- Keeping updated on any changes or developments in relevant laws, regulations or requirements, communicating such developments to management and staff members, and taking the necessary actions to ensure the firm’s continued compliance;
- Acting as the main point of contact for any compliance-related matters and responding to all reasonable requests;
- Handling regulatory reporting to the MFSA, FIAU and any other entities, and ensuring that all compliance reports are submitted timely and accurately;
- Maintaining the business risk assessment and reporting significant risks to the Directors and senior management; Applicants should have the following minimum qualifications and skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are a must. Fluency in other languages will be considered an asset;
- Previous experience working as a Compliance Officer is a must;
- Candidates who are fully PQ’d will be given preference.
- Honesty, integrity and strong decision-making skills are required for the successful performance of this role;
- Proven ability to meet and adhere to strict deadlines;
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills;
- An eye for detail and accuracy;
- The ability to work on his/her own initiative and in a team.