Compliance Officer - US & Canada
Excellent opportunity to join Betsson Group as our new Compliance Officer US & Canada!
What's in it for you?
We aim to provide you with a path for your career that is both challenging and rewarding. You will be part of the North America (US/Canada) Regional Compliance Team, reporting to the Lead Compliance Manager for this Region. We want to see you grow into your role and take on more responsibility and challenges as time goes by. There is plenty of opportunity at Betsson and a keen interest in other areas of compliance or regulatory affairs would increase your chances of making an impact and getting the most out of this role.
The Legal and Compliance Department acts as a support function on all such matters across the group and interacts with many different aspects of the online gambling business on a daily basis. This role will therefore expose you to a number of different areas such as gambling compliance, anti-money laundering, responsible gambling (RG), data privacy and consumer protection. In participating in the different projects, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with stakeholders from various areas of the business as well as with regulatory authorities and external advisors.
You will be mainly responsible for:
- The ongoing compliance of all licences held by the company int the Region;
- Ensuring that all applicable rules and regulations applicable to the industry, including but not limited to the regulations on gambling, anti-money laundering, data protection and advertising are complied with;
- Acting as liaison between the business and the regulator on all the company’s activities within the Region, advising both the operational teams and management on strategy within the Region;
- Managing regulatory audits and inspections as may arise from time to time;
- Conducting regulatory returns and risk assessments as required in accordance with standard company policy and applicable rules;
- Following the work of interest groups and other relevant associations and working with the Head of Regulatory Affairs and Director of Compliance on company-specific positions;
- Keeping abreast of developments in approaches to regulation;
- Working with the rest of the compliance team on ensuring a standardised approach to compliance across the business including through the coordination and implementation of policies, procedures and processes;
- Assisting the Director of Compliance in developing training programs for specific teams as may be identified.
- A law degree from a reputable University; persons with other degrees such as, in business, finance or IT will also be considered if they have relevant work experience in the Compliance area;
- Experience in compliance and regulatory-related work, with at least 2 years’ experience within a similar legal and/or compliance environment;
- Understanding of the exigencies of gambling, especially in the absence of specific gambling compliance experience.
You are good at:
- Understanding business needs and applying relevant legal requirements accordingly.
- Operating within a fast and dynamic environment, prioritising and managing processes and requirements as demanded by business priorities.
- Communicating both verbally and in writing in English language.
- Communicating in international business matters.