Required SkillsAttention to Detail Bachelors Degree in Law Driving License KYC Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) MFSA MGA Microsoft Office Organisational and Time Management Written and Oral English Communication
Our client offers a unique combination of consulting and assurance services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend client meetings and assist with the on boarding processes of new clients;
- The collection and verification of due diligence in accordance with KYC procedures;
- Oversee all regulatory aspects related to the company's business and assistance with ad-hoc corporate administration including mergers and acquisitions, share transfers, etc;
- Provision of consultancy on Maltese corporate law;
- Draft corporate documents such as M&As, resolutions, MFSA and MGA forms, etc;
- Draft, revise, negotiate and conclude contractual agreements;
- Assist with obtaining licenses (gaming, financial, investments, etc);
- Be involved in the development of new service lines;
- Assist with opening of bank accounts;
- Prepare and submit annual returns;
- Assist with ongoing clients’ compliance;
- Assist with ongoing license compliance obligations;
- Ensure the clients' files are maintained up-to-date and in line with its license obligations;
- Liaise with relevant authorities including Malta Business Registry, MFSA, MGA, FIAU, IRD, Registry of Ships, etc.
- Hold a Law degree from the University of Malta (Doctor of Laws or Master of Advocacy);
- Have a minimum of 3 years of corporate law experience;
- Detailed understanding of Maltese company law and company services providers rules;
- Knowledge of gaming law and financial services law is considered an asset;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in other languages, especially Italian, will be considered advantageous;
- Be IT literate, with experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management and other major software applications.
- Be able to deal with a multi-cultural work environment and client base;
- Have the interest to go through training, qualification and continuing professional development;
- Have strong interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to perform under pressure;
- Be pro-active and willing to learn further and develop skills;
- Must have a clean driving license and own a car.