Corporate Service Executive
Required SkillsClient Networking Compliance Meeting Planning Record Keeping TAX
Our client is a modern, sophisticated legal practice.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Report to Head of Corporate;
- Managing a portfolio of clients;
- Responsible for the setting up and maintenance of a portfolio of client companies, trusts, and foundations;
- Handling Client on-boarding procedures in terms of the organization’s client acceptance policies and applicable compliance legislation;
- Managing the process of registering or creating the company, trust, or foundation;
- Acting as the point of contact for a portfolio of clients and assisting client requests on an on-going basis;
- Interaction with banks and financial institutions for the opening, maintenance, and management of bank accounts;
- Dealing with all applicable compliance requirements;
- Attending client meetings, and recording meeting minutes as and when required;
- Liaising with accountants to ensure that accounting and tax records are maintained in terms of law;
- Liaising with auditors to ensure that timely statutory audits are prepared and submitted to the relevant authorities.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role;
- Holding University Degree or a Diploma relating to business law, the law of business enterprises, banking or financial services;
- A good understanding of the Companies Act, Trusts and Trustees Act, and Civil Code, including statutory record-keeping, and the compliance obligations impacting the administration of companies, trusts, and foundations.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English;
- Enthusiastic disposition and willingness to learn;
- The ability to establish priorities, work fast and independently, and with minimal supervision;
- Proven organizational and project management skills.