Required SkillsClient Relations Communication Customer Service English Maltese Microsoft Office Negotiation Payments
Our client is a leading importer of Food Products.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Contact and chase debtors and claim outstanding trade debts;
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding dues;
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding dues;
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status;
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans;
- Handle questions or complaints;
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies;
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues;
- Update account status and database regularly;
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary;
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable.
- Proven experience in debt collection is a must for this role;
- At least advanced/intermediate level in Accounting;
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Maltese;
- Strong communication skills, be outgoing and polite yet assertive;
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools especially Excel (pivot tables and charts);
- Must be willing to visit clients when required.