The Data Architect is part of the Data Department at Betsson, also with a dotted line to the Betsson Architecture Team, responsible for all aspects related to Data solutions and requirements in Betsson. S/he will provide technical solutions to business requirements and continually enhance the Data platform. The Data Architect will as well provide governance and direction around solution implementation working closely with the technical teams. Moreover, s/he is a communication link between the data team and other parts of Betsson and will look at improving synergies to increase value between the platform application layer “Techsson” and the Data platforms.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the complete lifecycle of the Data platform – including requirement analysis, platform selection, design of technical architecture, design of application design and development, testing, and deployment of proposed solutions
- Define, document, govern and maintain the integrity of the overall data domain
- Design, develop and maintain a data platform using a mix of open source and proprietary software & technologies (where applicable and necessary)
- Benchmark systems, analyse system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them
- Review existing and suggest new technologies, and clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
- Document the use cases, solutions, and recommendations
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution
- Review and lead performance tuning activities of the system
- During high/critical incidents related to the data platform the Data Architect is expected to assist in any capacity and drive incident resolution as soon as possible
- Will form part of the larger Betsson Architecture team, and therefore participate in workshops/exercises/brainstorming/knowledge-transfer sessions with the rest of the architecture team
- Give regular updates to the architecture team on state/progress/technologies on various data initiatives
- Mentor, guide, and be a technology leader to other more junior team members
- 5+ years of experience in software development and data management
- 2+ years experience leading an agile development team
- Must have excellent communication skills, to express ideas to both technical and business users and able to resolve conflicts
- Have a clear understanding of how to balance technical and business requirements/priorities
- In possession of a valid university degree in computer science or related field
- Must be extensively knowledgeable and have a good understanding in using the following technologies/techniques Kafka, Spark (ML and Streaming).
- Must have a deep understanding on traditional and modern data-warehousing technologies including data modelling: MS Sql, Snowflake, Postgres
- Experience using the following (or similar) technologies SSIS, SSAS, NiFi, Hive, programming in Scala and ElasticSearch
- Experience in both on-premise and cloud hosted data solutions
- Able to assist and lead the way to Data DevOps when it comes to cloud infrastructure management tools like Terraform or Cloud-formation.
- Experience in using monitoring tools similar to Grafana, Prometheus or RedGate SQL Monitor;
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery like TeamCity or Jenkins.
- Experience in adopting Business Intelligence tools, like QlikSense, Tableau or Power BI in a modern data platform environment
- A strong team player who offers help and regularly shares knowledge with your colleagues.
- Able to understand business initiatives to be able to drive pre-design work and outline high level solutions.
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
We offer numerous challenges where your skills will be put to good use! We encourage innovation, independence and celebrate success where you will be part of multi-cultural and diverse company, with people from all over the world.
Check out the Betsson Group Blog to find out what our employees are talking about