Data - Machine Learning Engineer
Product Development is the largest organisation at Betsson Group, with teams across Malta, Stockholm, Budapest, Tallinn and more.
Within product development, we have different areas where teams focus on providing the best experience when it comes to the different journeys our customers take on our sites. Our teams are structured in end-to-end feature teams, to ensure as an organisation we are delivering the best quality as quickly as possible.
Our Data team is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer, who will be joining a group of talented and fun people.
In this role, you will be responsible to design, develop and maintain machine learning, deep learning models within the Data platform. This role will be involved in the full end to end cycle to produce such models, and to present results and findings from such projects.
A taster of what you will be involved with:
- Understand business challenges that can be tackled using Data Science models
- Analyse and transform data
- Research and implement machine learning algorithms using languages like Scala, Python and R
- Develop machine learning applications according to requirements
- Follow good practices in engineering to ensure scalable and sustainable models
- Train and re-train systems when necessary
- Work within the Big Data team to ensure that solutions are pluggable in the existing framework of the Data Platform
- Work closely with other teams across the organisation to ensure the best solutions according to requirements are developed
You’re good at
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- Understanding of data structures, data modelling and software architecture
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Scala, Python, Java or R
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks and libraries
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; Master’s degree is a plus
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business of 75% millennial, 10% GeX, 60+ nationalities, equal opportunity employer where 40% of our workforce are women and growing. More than 2000 strong professionals spread across 13 offices with up to 1000 of them based in our Malta HQ alone!
As a super data-driven company, we know, that data can be the key differentiator on the very competitive market. The good news is, the technical systems that provide high level data are already in place here at Betsson Group but the biggest challenge now is to take these data systems to the next level and build a future-proof Data Platform.
For this role you are based in our HQ – Malta Tech hub. Furthermore, we offer 10 days per year of remote work from any EU location.
We offer a hybrid working model which gives our Betssonites the best of two worlds: 2 days working from the office to connect and collaborate in person and 3 days working from home to reflect our employee's preference.
We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator, and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
We offer numerous challenges where your skills will be put to good use! We encourage innovation, independence and celebrate success where you will be part of multi-cultural and diverse company, with people from all over the world.
Check out the Betsson Group blog to find out what are employees are taking about!