Data Warehouse Developer
We are happy to see that we have managed to catch your attention – because that’s exactly what we want to do, catch great candidates’ interest so that they apply for exciting jobs at ComeOn Group.
Join us as our next Data Warehouse Developer
You will be a part of the team responsible for maintenance and further development of the existing company data warehouse system in cloud environment (GCP / Big Query and AWS / Redshift), which acts as a single point of truth for making data driven business decisions. This position is ideal for someone who would like to improve their skill in data warehousing, reporting and GCP and AWS cloud services.
The candidate will be responsible for the operational aspect of the data warehouse environment, maintenance and support of the existing data warehouse load processes, ensuring that the environment of the data warehouse is healthy. Additionally, you will be involved in the data warehouse support process responding to business requests for ad-hoc reporting.
One of the responsibilities will be monitoring and optimising the cost for our GCP / AWS cloud data warehouse infrastructure, including management of software licenses and invoices. This candidate will be responsible for documenting of infrastructure and support processes.
What will you get up to day to day?
- Establish a standard of best practices related to segregation of duties, data access, access to resources, technical documentation, server and system updates and system maintenance
- Continuous monitoring and assessment of systems performance against defined KPIs
- Research and test new technologies that can be used to improve our data warehouse processes
- Maintain and support data load processes ensuring the loads are stable and the data is delivered to business in stipulated time
- Maintain clear communication to business about data load failures, inconsistent data and successful loads to the respective distribution groups
- Structure the team’s folder repository appropriately for data warehouse administration and support process
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the data warehouse and external data feeds
- Work closely with data warehouse and BI developers on performance improvements of data load processes and reports performance
- Development of data warehouse ETL/ELT jobs
- Support and assist business users in data extract / reporting requests
- Performing ad hoc data analyses when required
- Maintain and promote collaboration with other technical teams responsible for upstream/downstream systems
- Maintain transparent communication within the team / other technical and business departments within the company
- Participate in brainstorming meetings to discuss existing issues and new ideas
- Participate in daily / weekly team meetings
- Develop further current skill set both from technological and soft skills perspective
What experience do you bring?
- 2-4 years of Data Warehouse and reporting focused work experience
- Hold an academic degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science or mathematics
- Experience in ETL/ELT development is required
- Experience in SQL query writing and optimisation experience is required
- Experience in database and server administration will be considered an asset
- Experience with GCP/AWS platform services will be considered an asset
- Experience with troubleshooting problems related to databases, software applications and servers
- Experience in business analysis and requirements gathering from business users
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse concepts (such as Kimball or Inmon methodologies)
- Ability to obtain, analyse and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment whilst interacting with a variety of different disciplines
- Proven ability to prioritise and deal with problems systematically and provide clear communications regarding the issues, resolution times and solutions
- Keen attention to detail and data quality
- Fluent in English
And then some nice to haves…
- Experience with scripting and programming languages like python would be considered an asset
- Work experience on supporting a data warehouse system would be considered an asset
- Experience within the iGaming industry would be considered an asset
Great place to work
ComeOn Group in short
Founded in 2008, ComeOn Group is a leading global player in the rapidly growing iGaming market. Having launched its first online brand in 2010, ComeOn Group is running a wide range of exciting brands across multiple markets. Operating more than 20 brands on its proprietary platform providing a secure, innovative and entertainment-led player experience across casino and sports betting. ComeOn Group is an international employer within the iGaming industry and has over 500 talented employees across 7 main locations.
So what can you expect from ComeOn as a place of work?
At ComeOn, we have adapted a Hybrid Work model which means that we offer our employees an option to pick their workstation for the day. Want to work from the office a few days a week and some days from home? That’s totally fine with us! ComeOn is known for their inviting and vibrant offices that offer creative areas for collaboration and desk set-ups designed for a Hybrid Work model. When you visit one of our offices you will always be welcomed by a friendly face that will take good care of you. It’s our curiosity that drives our innovative business forward and we work hard in a #runtogether spirit and we always make sure to top it up by #havingfun! You will not regret picking ComeOn as your next place of work.
Want to know more about us just visit our website www.comeon-group.com or any of our social media channels to take a deep dive into our culture!
ComeOn Group winner of 2021 IGA Awards:
The ComeOn Moment
That moment when right before the roulette ball stops, or during when the penalty shoots out in the world cup final, when time slows down, when every heartbeat can be felt, when you think, whisper or scream ComeOn, ComeOn, ComeOn!
You don’t have to be a gambler to work at ComeOn Group, but you have to understand the power of having something at stake, with the potential to win or lose. We have all experienced this, if not with money on the table, maybe it was our hearts!
I’m interested, what do I do next?
Waste no time and complete your application expressing your interest and why you want to work for us today, we like individuality so let your personality come through!
Applications might take a few weeks to review so please stay cool. We shall get back to you 😉
Are you curious how we roll!? Check it out here!
If you want to learn how we act in compliance with the GDPR, you can access our Recruitment Privacy Notice here.