Data Warehouse Developer
We are looking for a Data Warehouse Developer to join our growing team! Within this role you will be responsible for the maintenance and further development of the existing company data warehouse system in cloud environment (AWS / s3 / Redshift), which acts as a single point of truth for making data driven business decisions. This position is ideal for someone who would like to improve their skills in data warehouses, reporting and AWS cloud services. What’s more you will be responsible for the operational aspect of the data warehouse environment, maintenance and support of the existing data warehouse load processes, ensuring that the environment of the data warehouse is healthy. Additionally, you will be involved in the data warehouse support process responding to business requests for ad-hoc reporting.
You will be responsible for monitoring and optimising the cost for our AWS cloud infrastructure, including the management of software licenses and invoices. You will also be responsible for carrying out the documenting of infrastructure and support processes.
What will you get up to day to day?
- Establish a standard of best practices related to segregation of duties, data access, access to resources, technical documentation, server and system updates and system maintenance
- Continuous monitoring and assessment of systems performance against defined KPIs
- Research and test new technologies that can be used to improve our data warehouse processes
- Maintain and support data load processes ensuring the loads are stable and the data is delivered to business in stipulated time
- Maintain clear communication to business about data load failures, inconsistent data and successful loads to the respective distribution groups
- Structure the team’s folder repository appropriately for data warehouse administration and support process
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the data warehouse and external data feeds
- Work closely with data warehouse and BI developers on performance improvements of data load processes and reports performance
- Support and assist business users in data extract / reporting requests
- Performing ad hoc data analyses when required
- Maintain and promote collaboration with other technical teams responsible for upstream/downstream systems
- Maintain transparent communication within the team / other technical and business departments within the company
- Participate in brainstorming meetings to discuss existing issues and new ideas
- Participate in daily / weekly team meetings
- Develop further current skill set both from technological and soft skills perspective
What experience do you bring?
- 3+ years of Data Warehouse and reporting focused work experience
- Hold an academic degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science or mathematics
- Experience in ETL development is desired
- Experience in SQL query writing and optimisation experience is desired
- Experience in database and server administration will be considered an asset
- Experience with AWS platform services will be considered an asset
- Experience with troubleshooting problems related to databases, software applications and servers
- Experience in business analysis and requirements gathering from business users
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse concepts (such as Kimball or Inmon methodologies)
- Ability to obtain, analyse and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment whilst interacting with a variety of different disciplines
- Proven ability to prioritise and deal with problems systematically and provide clear communications regarding the issues, resolution times and solutions
- Keen attention to detail and data quality
- Fluent in English
And then some nice to haves…
- Experience with scripting and programming languages like python would be considered an asset
- Work experience on supporting a data warehouse system would be considered an asset
- Experience within the iGaming industry would be considered an asset
We are a young, dynamic, and innovative company and seek others who have the same entrepreneurial spirit to share ideas and make them happen. So, if you are tired of dealing with ‘suits’ who can’t make decisions, and tiresome middle management politics, then ComeOn! is the place to be. Apart from this, we offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonuses
- Being in an international team working with the UK, Malta and Sweden
- Flexible vacation periods and +5 bonus vacation days to your legal annual leave rights (including the first year)
- Budget for international conferences
- Good hardware options to work with (2 external monitors, standing desk option, etc.)
- Dealing with new technologies
- Flexible and relaxed working environment
- Kitchen and open fridge for breakfast, cookies, fruits, mostly organic food
- Central location access to the subway, main bus routes, and highway
- Good coffee and best siders
During the pandemic period, we have been working remotely from home since March, providing you with office chairs and monitors. After pandemic times we are planning to switch to a Hybrid Office model where we can mix remote and on-site work during the week
I’m interested, what do I do next?
Waste no time and complete your application expressing your interest and why you want to work for us today, we like individuality so let your personality come through!
Applications might take a few weeks to review so please stay cool. We shall get back to you 😉
Are you curious how we roll!? Check it out here!
If you want to learn how we act in compliance with the GDPR, you can access our Recruitment Privacy Notice here.