Required SkillsFibre Optic Cables
Our client is leading communications services company.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Form part of the fibre rollout and fibre network maintenance team;
- Perform splicing of fibre optic cables, ODFs and joints, and test the finished spliced joints;
- Liaise with Transport Malta to monitor submission of roadworks permit applications by third parties and share information with respect to proposed works;
- Mark underground infrastructure at the surface based on drawings and measurements of existing infrastructure;
- Supervise third-party contractors to ensure adherence with company guidelines and work procedures;
- Ensure adherence to Health & Safety procedures;
- Work on a 24×7 roster.
- Possess a valid driving licence (preferably class C1+E);
- Ability to read and interpret maps and as-built drawings;
- Experience with splicing of fibre optic cables is considered an asset;
- An Enemalta Licence A is considered an asset.
- Computer literacy;
- Familiarity with common software packages like MS Excel, MS Word and MS Access is considered an asset;
- Demonstrate willingness to learn new work methods and techniques;
- Must be a strong team player but equally capable to work alone as the situation my require;
- Forthcoming in demanding situations;
- Capable to communicate in a clear and concise manner;
- Reliable, trustworthy and dependable.