Required SkillsAnalytical IFRS Leadership Reporting Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading company in the hospitality, development and construction sectors.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting directly to the CFO;
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer in the analyses and financial interpretation of both internal and external reporting;
- Produce accurate external financial reporting for the Group and its subsidiaries promptly following IFRS;
- Ensure that disclosures in the financial statements comply with IFRS requirements;
- Manage the external audit process, liaise with auditors and coordinate resources within the internal finance team;
- Manage and liaise with external tax consultants to ensure compliance at all times;
- Document audit adjustments and any supporting accounting treatments;
- Work closely with financial intermediaries in the preparation of statutory reporting;
- Oversee and regularly review the internal reporting of management accounts and other internal reports;
- Oversee the implementation of new change processes as directed by the Chief Financial Officer.;
- Support and assist the finance team in the implementation of new accounting standards;
- Manage the standardization and consolidation of group budgets, cash flow forecasts, and other financial forecasts;
- Support the Chief Financial Officer and the finance team in other ad hoc report;
- Highlight and identify any internal control shortcomings;
- Improve on existing financial reporting both internal and external;
- Actively participate in the implementation of new IT systems and procedures to ensure the reporting process is efficient;
- Encourage teamwork across all finance teams within the group;
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development;
- Perform any other duties as may be required by the company from time to time.
- At least 5 years' experience in an audit firm in Malta;
- Fully qualified accountant;
- Knowledge of Vision/SUN will be considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Proficient computer literacy in word, excel and emails;
- Strong leadership and analytical skills;
- IFRS conversant;
- Organisational, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Excellent Management and multitasking skills.