Excellent opportunity to join Betsson Group as our Finance Supervisor!
What's in it for you
The role of the Finance Supervisor – Tax, Business Development and Technical, reporting to the Finance Manager – Business Development, will have a central role within the Betsson Group finance team and will be responsible for the areas covering the co-ordination of the consolidation process, statutory financial statements and audits, and local/international taxes together with the integration of new business within the existing finance processes. The chosen candidate will be a point of reference for the Financial Manager – Business Development and the rest of the team when it comes to financial reporting technical matters.
You'll get the opportunity to work in an international environment, at a 100% digital company that is the market leader within the online gaming industry.
When working with us, we promise you that you will never ever have a dull moment. By spinning multiple plates, you will always have your hands full. We promise you that you will learn a lot and that you will grow with us, both in your career and as a person. Working in one of the biggest online gaming companies in Malta, you will get first-hand experience on what it is that drives a successful company forward.
And of course, we promise you that you will join a GREAT team!
A flavour of what you'll be doing
- Leading a dedicated team of tax specialists in the management of tax matters, including VAT, gaming, corporate, deferred and withholding taxes, as well as supporting the Global Tax team in transfer pricing and other related matters
- Ensuring that local and foreign tax requirements are being adhered to, and providing financial information for any other regulatory requirements in various jurisdictions in which the group operates in
- Providing relevant support to the Legal & Compliance team in gaming licence compliance matters, and assisting in regulatory audits where relevant
- Assisting the Finance Manager in the integration of new business within the existing finance processes for mergers and acquisitions. This entails involvement with the project management team in the planning phases and initial set up of required structures (corporate, financial and other) including assistance in the setting up of financial business plans and maintaining budgetary plans
- Understanding existing business and aligning financial reporting matters in the case of mergers and acquisitions to the rest of the Group, while ensuring that respective teams follow month-end processes and reporting deadlines
- Being the main contact person to outsourced accountants with any queries, and for the sourcing of underlying financial data
- Performing overall reviews of balance sheet positions, as well as P&L movements for the period – validating the completeness, accuracy, and validity of the financial information being presented to management
- Coordinating with auditors in the performance of the statutory audits or any other assignment
- Assisting in the process of financial statements preparation and submission for the local entities, and foreign ones where relevant
- Assisting in the preparation of ad-hoc reporting and other tax compliance matters
You're good at
- In possession of an accounting qualification (ACCA or equivalent)
- In possession of the MIT Course on Taxation
- Good knowledge in MS Office (especially MS Excel)
- Minimum of five years’ experience in accounting & taxation
- A fast learner with an exceptional attention to detail
- A proactive person who works on own initiative
- A committed and driven individual who takes pride in the work
- Excellent English communication skills and teamwork
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.