Financial Accounting Supervisor
Required SkillsClient Networking FRS 102 GAPSME Reporting Tax Returns Training VAT
Our Client is a provider of trust and corporate services.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting directly to the head of the Accounting Department;
- Responsible for overseeing and managing a small team of junior accountants;
- Taking ownership of the day to day accounting, administration and financial reporting of a
- portfolio of clients;
- Preparing and reviewing management accounts;
- Preparing and reviewing trusts and companies annual financial statements and liaising with the auditors where applicable;
- Preparing and reviewing VAT returns;
- Assisting with transactions, including setups and liquidations;
- Providing supervision of the work delegated to junior accountants;
- Coaching and training junior team members;
- Liaison with other offices within the Group;
- Available to assist in other duties as and when requested.
- In possession of a University degree in Accounting or the ACCA / ACA qualification or in the final stages of obtaining such qualification;
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Good communication, organisational and problem solving skills;
- Solid understanding of the preparation of financial statements under GAPSME, IFRS and FRS 102;
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Innovative team player with the ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Ability to work to deadlines with moderate supervision;
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate junior staff;
- Ability to mentor and train staff.