Required SkillsAttention to Detail Audit Bank Reconciliation Organisational and Time Management Payroll Reconciliation Self-motivation TAX VAT
Our client is a leading importer/distributor to Hospitals and Pharmacies.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Working with the CEO to determine the appropriate allocation of resources across the combined organisation for day-to-day book-keeping, invoice control, customer billing, accounts receivable, inventory management and processing of bank transactions and overseeing the above activities on an ongoing basis;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including the necessary reconciliation statements, accruals, prepayments, etc;
- Gaining a detailed understanding of all the operational and commercial aspects of the business and being able to interpret the financial results and relate them to the management’s expectations;
- Identifying areas of concern and investigating exceptions at the source;
- Making full use of the company’s financial reporting systems and Business Intelligence reports;
- Using these tools to drill down into the necessary level of detail to explain the numbers in a clear and concise manner;
- Developing the monthly management pack and presenting it to senior management;
- Monthly payroll processing including related filings with the relevant authorities;
- Preparation of VAT and income tax returns and management of tax payments/refunds;
- Preparation of annual financial statements and liaising with auditors in relation to the annual audit of the financial statements;
- Reviewing accounts payable, stocks and debtors and managing related cash flows and working capital;
- Preparation of an annual budget and subsequent reforecasts, as necessary;
- Overseeing the preparation and delivery of financial information for the rest of the company (renewable energy company, investment holding companies, etc.);
- Assisting the CEO in evaluating business opportunities across the group including pricing of significant business transactions, potential investments and business combinations, financing opportunities and other strategic business decisions;
- Assisting the CEO in managing the banking relationship including the compilation of financial information for bank proposals, liaising with bank managers and pro-actively managing the company's cash flow and working capital requirements.
- Possess a strong generic finance background ranging from basic book-keeping to management accounting, budgeting, board reporting and financial statements;
- Have an advanced level of proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft office tools;
- Familiar with VAT and general tax compliance.
- Able to work on your own initiative;
- Possess the drive to continuously seek growth;
- Be comfortable in anticipating the needs and aims of management and able to communicate effectively and constructively;
- Have good communication/negotiation skills and be comfortable dealing with customers, vendors, banks, auditors, etc;
- Be practical and goal oriented.