Financial Manager (Maltese Speaking)
Required SkillsBachelor of Accountancy English Maltese Payroll Reconciliation Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading company in the hospitality, development and construction sectors.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the supervision and direction of the centralised finance department;
- Carry out general accounting duties such as data entry;
- Prepare monthly management accounts, reconciliations and reports;
- Be responsible for the compilation of budgets and all other financial reports as may be required;
- Review the centralised payroll function throughout the month, whilst being responsible for reviewing and checking all wages and salaries at the end of the month;
- Supervise and control the department’s activities and getting directly involved in solving any problems that may crop up;
- Look for ways to improve the present systems and solve any system issues that may arise from time to time;
- Seek and follow the advice of superiors when this is deemed necessary whilst liaising with managers on matters that require guidance;
- Ascertain that all matters regarding finance remains confidential;
- Assist in the motivation of all the finance staff and to their career development and training;
- Comply with company policies whilst ensuring that all the team members do;
- Assist and meet any other requirements as directed by the Head of Finance or the Chief Financial Officer.
- Proficient computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Experience in accounting packages is a necessity;
- Fluent in both Maltese and English language;
- Minimum 1-year experience in a similar position;
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent. Candidates in the final stages of their qualification (such as ACCA) will also be considered.
- Smart, mature and of professional disposition;
- Capable of working on own initiative;
- Able to work flexible hours