Fire Protection Design Engineer
Required SkillsAutoCAD Data Analysis Health and Safety Organisation
Our client is a leading player in the security sector.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Knowledge of, and the ability to apply fire protection engineering principals and practices;
- Knowledge of, and the ability to apply, model codes, regulations, and standards;
- Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work;
- Develop and review specifications, including design criteria;
- Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting;
- Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve moderately complex engineering problems;
- Analyse and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organisation and/or project objectives and guidelines.
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and eight (8) years of work-related experience.
- Knowledge of extracting BOM from working drawings is considered an asset and preference will be given to candidates having knowledge of hydraulic calculations;
- Our team uses Tyco SprinkCalc and in-house training will be provided.