Full Stack PHP Developer
Required SkillsCommunication Git PHP Problem Solving Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a master in the field of lead generation.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Work collaboratively with a small, cross-functional agile team, actively participating and contributing to agile events as appropriate;
- Support product discovery through implementation of prototypes and similar techniques for fast, inexpensive learning;
- Support product delivery by building, testing, and releasing production quality websites utilising best engineering practices;
- Designs provided in Zeplin or similar tools;
- Write simple, clean and secure object-oriented PHP code, with or without frameworks as appropriate for the task at hand, as well as efficient SQL queries, with a focus on minimising technical debt and complexity;
- Implement unit tests and other automated tests as appropriate;
- Refactor, optimise and improve existing code for better maintainability and scalability, and to reduce technical debt in general;
- Develop and maintain clear and complete documentation;
- Test own work with a view to minimal work items being returned for defects to be fixed, while working closely with QA to ensure that any defects are promptly resolved;
- Provide operational support to applications and websites when so required;
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes of, and remediate complex technical issues.
- Experience using PHP template engines such as Blade, Mustache or Twig;
- Experience troubleshooting complex production issues;
- Experience writing unit tests in PHPUnit;
- Experience working with Node.js, Composer, Amazon S3, Redis or Varnish would be an added asset.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills;
- Equally comfortable developing both Back-end and Front-end;
- Has a passion for quality, and knowledge of what it takes to ship high quality code;
- Dedicated to speed of delivery without compromising quality;
- Motivated with a collaborative mind-set;
- Able to write complex and performance SQL queries, experience on MySQL preferred;
- Able to optimise websites for high scores on Google Page Speed Insights and Google Lighthouse;
- Motivated with a collaborative and growth mindset;
- Committed to a culture of trust, transparency and accountability;
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle;
- Comfortable both consuming and implementing Restful APIs in PHP;
- Well organised with superb attention to detail.