Health and Safety Officer
Required SkillsCommunication English Health and Safety Maltese Oral Communication Organizational Reporting Research Training Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading player in the security sector.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct on and off-premises inspections to ensure that company employees are working safely, within safe environments, and in accordance with relevant company policies;
- Hold induction training sessions for new recruits, in collaboration with HR;
- Hold emergency drills (fire / medical / chemical) within properties occupied by the organisation;
- Conduct report writing and recommend, when necessary, training, inspections, drills, audits and so on;
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and best practices are recommended, implemented, and maintained;
- Maintain incident statistics;
- Offer guidance regarding the acquisition of new job-related equipment concerning health and safety;
- Maintain the legislation library;
- Provide support to the management team by ensuring a common approach and alignment of policies, procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Assist in the completion of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations;
- Liaise with the company training coordinator as well as with the external health and safety consultants in the provision of training programs and health and safety services;
- Formulate & distribute minutes for the H&S committee meetings whilst respecting deadlines;
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes;
- Provide regular reports;
- Participate in meetings when required to report on relevant H&S matters;
- Increase health and safety awareness at all levels within the organization and ensure employee engagement and positive behaviour towards the health, safety, and environment of the company;
- Record all employees’ safety concerns.
- Possess a Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or an equivalent qualification certified by MQRIC to be at level 5 or higher in the subject;
- Previous experience and competence in the field;
- Be fluent in English and preferably also in Maltese.
- Have organisational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.