Health and Safety Officer (Maltese Speaking)
Required SkillsEnglish Health and Safety Maltese Meeting Planning Reporting
Our client is a leading player in the security sector.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for ensuring the design, implementation, monitoring, and review of a comprehensive health and safety management system for our company with the overall scope of preventing unsafe acts, injuries, and ill health;
- Ensure a safe workplace environment by identifying risks and guiding on-site personnel on various sites during the various stages of projects and completion of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations;
- Provide support to the management teams in ensuring a common approach and alignment of policies, procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and best practices are recommended, implemented and maintained and that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments, and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities;
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety records are maintained;
- Establish a full plan of documented inspections, audits and checks;
- Liaise with the company training coordinator as well as necessary external health and safety consultants in the provision of training programs and health and safety services;
- Help the H & S Manager devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the H&S committee meetings whilst respecting deadlines;
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes;
- Provide regular reports to the H&S Manager;
- Management of relevant H&S activities and processes;
- Participate in meetings when required to report on relevant H&S matters;
- Liaise with suppliers i.e. insurers, solicitors, etc.;
- Increase health and safety awareness at all levels within the organization and ensure employee engagement and positive behavior towards the health, safety, and environment of the company;
- Respond to employees’ safety concerns.
- At least 3 years experience in health and safety, in health and safety in installation and maintenance and M&E or similar environments will be considered an asset;
- Holding a diploma or degree in health and safety;
- NEBOSH certification will be a plus;
- Preference will be given to candidates registered with OHSA;
- Preference is given to candidates who have previous experience in the construction industry or with a health and safety consultancy firm.
- Excellent written and communication skills in both Maltese and English;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- A good team player with excellent communication skills;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Be able to multitask and handle pressure;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.