We are looking for a new HR Manager to join our London office to ensure this team #runstogether. If you are keen to work in a fast paced environment, supporting 90+ colleagues in an exciting industry, helping others improve and achieve their true potential, then read on.
As the London HR Manager you will be responsible for supporting leadership locally across all areas of the employee lifecycle including recruitment, onboarding, employee engagement, coaching and consulting, comp and benefits, and more. You will help identify and attract top talent, supporting business and team goals as well as be the guardian of our global organisational culture.
Can you be the listening ear, the balancer, the helper, the negotiator, the go to person for anything HR and Recruitment to everyone at the office, always keeping the business needs in mind? Are you good at prioritising, working on multiple projects, assignments, and tasks? Can you juggle all of this while keeping a super positive attitude? 🙂 Then keep reading!
You will have overall responsibility for HR in our London office, while collaborating and sharing your knowledge of best practice with other offices too. We are looking for someone who has worked in a similar, fast-paced B2C environment, with experience from being part of an energetic, dynamic team, with the skills to drive the HR function locally from end to end.
We are looking for a dedicated, outgoing, people focussed and commercially minded person with a sound HR background. You are organised and thorough, adept at using both HRIS and Recruitment systems as you know that data is a key driver in decision making. Your overall understanding of HR will allow you to flag risks and impacts to the business, and form the basis of bouncing ideas with C-level management across the Group .
What will you get up to day to day?
The main responsibilities for this position include everything from owning the culture and values, employment law, recruitment, talent management, development and more.
- Support and engage employees in the ComeOn culture to achieve a great work environment for our employees
- Work closely with the HR team globally to support strategic initiatives and the HR roadmap, delivering key business metrics
- Provide advice and coaching to managers on all employee matters including recruitment, organisational development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, etc
- Support global HR processes and initiatives to continuously improve the service we offer
- Work with global HR functions to manage core HR business processes from budgets, performance management and evaluation, etc from a local perspective
- Keep on top of the pulse of the office to anticipate employee and management needs and concerns whilst managing expectations in a realistic manner
- On boarding
- Running Induction with new starters (contracts, personal information gathering, procedures, risk assessment)
- Providing HR support and advice employees and line managers; explaining flows and procedures in a timely and effective manner when needed
- Answering questions about payroll, recruitment, personal issues, how to go about situations, bike scheme, gym, risk assessment related, events, ideas via chat and in person
- Advising on personal development with both EEs and team managers
- Being there for anyone who needs a listening ear, needs to talk things out in tricky situations or when having issues and tackling each individually
- Assure development meetings take place during and at the end of probation periods , advise how we can support further and where they need to pay attention in order to pass probation – hand probation passed gift if successful, prepare for extension if needed
- Hold regular quarterly 121s with line managers (Follow up on annual review/development talks with team managers and see ways in which we can improve things for the upcoming months and year)
- Support line managers through info. sessions and training in areas they need support on
- Prepare company bonus forecasts
- Acting as Health and Safety initiator (making sure we have enough people with first aid certificates, MHFA, acting as fire wardens, etc.)
- Conduct DSE risk assessments (why is this not outsourced?)
- Ensure that our Benefits package stays aligned with local market to offer a competitive and compelling package Offboarding
- Taking Exit meetings – share with line manager, take points to improve work processes and procedures, work on them
- Further sharing with management team to be aware of where we need to further improve and develop
- Proactive advisory service to line manager if needed on job specs, starting them off if they are stuck
- Sharing knowledge with HR team on job ads and flows, best practice
- Negotiating and liaising with recruiters to get the best business deal
- Recruitment from A-Z; Posting & Closing ads (job boards, internal communication of new roles, notifying recruiters if needed), Job Ad Reviews, Candidate correspondence and management, Reference checking, Offers and negotiations
- Advice on relocating and settling in to new country
- Preparation of work visas/CoS for EEs that need it
HR Admin tasks
- Keeping docs up to date in Bamboo, updating Company Handbook (ComeOn Sense) regularly, adding info. if a new flow comes into place
- Writing letters of recommendation for tenancies, banks, house, references
- Managing Holiday Leave – changes, amendments, joiners and leavers
- Liaising with the bank for CoL
- Contract preparations – Employees, Recruiters (Perm and Contractors) via Docusign
- Working with Finance and assisting on Audits
- Preparing payroll, submission and answering queries in relation to them
- Exflow approvals
- Global HR initiatives – inputting on some, leading on others, always rolling out locally
- Brexit and effects on EEs (keeping them up to date)
- Attending workshops in relation to subjects relevant to HR; Tech Recruitment, Diversity, Brexit, etc.
A little bit about your background:
You have an in-depth knowledge of local employment law and HR best practice coming with team management experience and excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken). You are confident when it comes to delivering team training as well as producing written documents in our Tone of Voice and are naturally approachable and motivated by building good relationships with others! We expect you are a people’s person, having high integrity and the proven ability to diagnose problems using strategic thinking skills as well as identify and drive appropriate solutions. You are a starter/finisher when it comes to project management, with a proactive approach to bringing projects to life, always striving for improvement. Additionally you are data driven, numerate & commercially aware have a customer-centric way of thinking and highly dependable by nature. Being the ‘go-to’ person for our employees, you are an effective and good listener, a top-notch team player having a hands-on approach (especially when handling difficult and sensitive conversations). You are in your element when multi-tasking and juggling several projects simultaneously with your strong project, time management and prioritisation skills. What’s more, you have the ability to relate to, influence and coach employees at all levels in the organization
Here are the London peeps you will be working alongside:
At ComeOn Group we put a lot of trust in every individual, we know that if we get the tools and space to do what we do best, we will be both happy and deliver great things. This is why we have some of the greatest minds in the industry working here.
Working hard also means that we need to be able to recharge our batteries once in a while, this is the reason why we want our office atmosphere to be relaxed and cosy, come by and challenge us in a game of ping pong or Fifa and if you’re not into that, a studio session at the local gym or a cold drink from the fridge on a Friday late afternoon might be your type of melody.
Additionally we’ve got:
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Subsidised gym
- Healthcare cover
- Free breakfast, brunch or lunch (first come first served)
- Bonus scheme
- Friday drinks
These benefits are subject to change & may be limited due to Covid-19.
I’m interested, what do I do next?
Waste no time and complete your application expressing your interest and why you want to work for us today, we like individuality so let your personality come through!
Applications might take a few weeks to review so please stay cool. We shall get back to you 😉
Are you curious how we roll!? Check it out here!
If you want to learn how we act in compliance with the GDPR, you can access our Recruitment Privacy Notice here.