Indirect Tax Manager
Required SkillsAnalytical Business Development Compliance English Microsoft Office Problem Solving Risk analysis TAX VAT
Our client is a global online gaming company specializing in live casinos.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Will report to the Head of Tax;
- Provide indirect tax advice to the Group including its subsidiaries worldwide;
- Review and have oversight of VAT/sales tax return compliance work;
- Providing commercially aligned VAT/sales tax advice and support relevant teams such as Revenue, Key Account Management, and Legal with indirect tax-related matters;
- Identifying and evaluating indirect tax risks within the Group;
- Pro-actively identify, manage, and implement indirect tax opportunities for the Group, consistent with the Group Tax policy;
- Challenging and reviewing current processes, suggesting and assisting with implementing new indirect tax-related processes, such as control system implementation for indirect tax compliance group-wide;
- Monitoring changes to indirect tax rules and regulations, assessing new legislation and case law for applicability;
- Assisting with DAC6 filings and other local tax filing obligations, upon request;
- Supporting the Head of Tax with advice, policies, plans, and strategies;
- Assisting with (ad hoc) direct tax and/or transfer pricing related projects, as requested by the Head of Tax or Group Accounting Manager;
- Maintaining good technical knowledge of indirect tax issues within the Gaming Industry and developing a good commercial understanding of the Gaming Industry.
- Holding a university degree in Law, Finance or Accounting or equivalent work-related experience;
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role within the big four;
- Accounting experience and familiar with major accounting systems is considered an asset;
- Experience from the iGaming Industry is considered a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Strong tax technical skills and experience with indirect taxes, including international VAT, EU Indirect Tax legislation, Partial exemption, foreign sales, and turnover taxes;
- Computer skills including MS Office, especially MS Excel with the ability to quickly analyse large amounts of data in various formats for reporting on the various returns;
- Mature, proactive, resourceful, and hands-on with good initiative;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to think globally and work independently;
- Good organisational skills and a team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Professional, enthusiastic, and energetic.