IP Core Network Engineer
Required Skills.NET Core CCNA Communication Data Analysis Electrical Electronic Networking Teamwork
Our client is leading communications services company.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for providing end-to-end connectivity to the organisation’s mission-critical fixed and cellular network elements, IT infrastructure, upstream service providers, enterprise customers and other third-parties;
- Participate in the design, testing, implementation, operation and maintenance of our IP Network as required;
- Placing importance on high-availability and security by design is a must;
- Analyse statistics, logs and alarms from network monitoring systems to maintain network health and take preventive actions as appropriate;
- Assist the IP Networks Manager in network capacity forecasts and planning of upgrades;
- Assist the IP Networks Manager in budget planning for the IP network;
- Assist in new projects assigned to the IP Core Networks team;
- Collaborate with team members and other teams in operations and projects;
- Identify key areas of improvement;
- Automate repetitive tasks where appropriate using scripting techniques;
- Research and keep abreast on new technologies;
- Liaise with vendors and service providers as required;
- Upkeep of proper documentation;
- Participate in an on-call roster.
- Possession of an MQF level 6 qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering / Science;
- At last 1 year experience in a Network Engineering capacity;
- Holding a CCNP certification specializing (or willing to obtain it within 6 months of employment) in Routing and Switching or Service Prov.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Technical skills in IP/MPLS routing, switching, Linux or scripting languages;
- Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical problem solving ability, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Be able to work in a team.