Lawyer – Development and Construction
Required SkillsAnalytical Attention to Detail Bachelors Degree in Law Communication Contract Negotiation Law Microsoft Office Negotiation Oral Communication Organisational Self-motivation Teamwork Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading law firm.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the negotiation and drafting of development and construction related contracts;
- Provide legal advisory services to the clients of the firm on aspects of development, construction, and all phases of development in general;
- Provide legal services in connection with high profile transactions for developers, principals, contractors, major subcontractors and leading consultants and advisors both locally and internationally;
- Assist professionals in the development and construction industry including architects, project managers, site officers and others in relation to the execution of their duties and responsibilities;
- Work closely with a variety of other technical advisers on major projects in order understand and address both legal and practical issues that arise in projects;
- Work with team members and manage client relationships, under the supervision of the partners of the firm responsible for the Real Estate and Construction practice areas;
- Assist with drafting and negotiation of contracts;
- Participate and assist in complex disputes related to construction;
- Liaise with professional advisors and regulatory bodies;
- Conduct legal research on various points of law and provide consolidated legal opinions on queries;
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Have a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience;
- Understand the FIDIC suite of contracts and similar contracts;
- Be IT literate, with experience and good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other major software applications.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Be self-motivated and deliver tasks with high attention to detail;
- Have strong interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to perform under pressure;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Excellent analytical and research skills;
- Strong drafting skills;
- Be ready to work well within a team.