Required SkillsBachelors Degree in Law Client Relations Communication Consultancy Law Master of Science (MSc) Oral Communication Teamwork
Our client is a leading company in the hospitality, development and construction sectors.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide legal assistance;
- Advice and draft memoranda and legal opinions to group companies;
- Provide advice to company boards, ensuring conformance with statutory requirements;
- Guide various operations to ensure conformance with relevant laws and regulations affecting the business;
- Assist in the preparation of court documents and legal briefs, developing strategy, arguments and testimony in court cases/arbitration proceedings and appearing as required before courts, arbitration and administrative tribunals;
- Assist in the organisation and maintenance of contracts and searches databases, legal files, licences, and the management of legal documents;
- Draft/vet contracts/agreements as directed;
- Conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters relevant to the company;
- Build excellent working relationships and liaise closely with a wide range of both external and internal contacts;
- Assist in the company’s legal function.
- Hold a Doctor of Laws degree and a warrant to practice;
- Have a post-graduate diploma in corporate law and/or commercial law and/or advocacy will be considered an asset;
- Have some experience representing clients before courts and tribunals.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Be able to work on town initiative;
- Be analytical and display a sharp eye for detail;
- Be able to manage multiple deadlines in a very fast-paced work environment;
- A team player, with a positive can-do attitude.