Legal Junior Associate
Required SkillsAML Attention to Detail Bachelors Degree in Law Communication Compliance Data Protection GDPR Privacy Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a leading organisation in corporate services, trustees and fiduciaries.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Report to the Head of Legal;
- Assisting Clients with queries in relation to corporate matters;
- Handling and assisting in the formation, dissolution and restructuring of legal structures;
- Drafting and reviewing corporate governance documents;
- Drafting and review contracts in accordance with the needs of clients;
- Conducting legal research in accordance with the needs of the clients;
- Liaising with authorities, as well as, other professional services firms to support clients in their operations;
- Assisting with the documentation of commercial transactions, including, and particularly, transactions relating to the sale and acquisition of vessels and aircraft;
- Advise on and administer crew and employment matters;
- Providing support to the Legal Department as may be necessary;
- Keep informed of developments in local legislation and regulations vis-à-vis compliance, including but not limited to the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (incl. subsidiary legislation) and the implementing Procedure;
- Comply with all local regulatory and AML/CFT requirements;
- Keep informed of and comply with all company policies and procedures
- Comply with all Group policies relevant to the role and provide the mandatory Group Annual Assurance;
- Report suspicious transactions to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer;
- Perform mandatory Group training that may be required from time to time;
- Uphold company’s values by promoting a culture of professionalism, teamwork and equality;
- Other related duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
- Holding a degree in Law from the University of Malta;
- Warrant to practice as an advocate in Malta is considered an asset;
- Experience relevant to the core duties would be considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Be capable of working independently, as well as in a team;
- High attention to detail;
- Hardworking Individual;
- Highly motivated and able to meet deadlines.