Legal Manager and DPO
Required SkillsCompliance Consultancy Contract Negotiation Data Protection DPO Privacy
Our client is a leading financial institution with clients from all over the world.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Communicating with MFSA, Malta Business Registry and the Office of the Information and Data Protection Officer;
- Acting as Company DPO;
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies;
- Liaising with External Counsel in EU or Third Countries;
- Debt collection – liaising with external lawyer and drafting settlement/compromise agreements with delinquent customers as required;
- Litigation management which might be dealt by external counsel; attending court sittings on behalf the company; appointed judicial representative of ICL by the BoD;
- Periodic review of client facing documents and website content;
- Preparing material and Agenda for Board of Directors and taking minutes during BoD meetings;
- Monitor changes is legislation and provides impact report to Company management on a monthly basis;
- Maintain registry of contracts;
- Reviewing contracts;
- Drafting legal letters to debtors and/or settlement/compromise agreements with delinquent customers;
- Drafting some Policies and procedures;
- Review of laws and impact on business (FATCA; Data localization, PSD, MIFID etc);
- Internally advising the departments on day-to-day issues covering a number of issues (employment law, data protection, regulatory matters);
- Provide legal opinion from Company management;
- Provide legal opinion from Group legal.
- A Law Degree, a warrant to practice as a lawyer in the Maltese Courts;
- At least 3 years’ experience as in-house lawyer in a Bank/Financial Services Company;
- Strong technical legal skills including drafting and negotiating legal documentation to the highest standard.
- Excellent written and spoken communications in English;
- Ability to prioritize, work fast and independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong knowledge of the regulatory and the legal framework for Malta;
- Good at multitasking with a solution based attitude and good negotiating skills.