Legal Senior Officer
Required SkillsBachelors Degree in Law Client Relations Compliance Customer Needs Documentation Due Diligence Law Meeting Planning Organisation Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a business firm that provides corporate services to local and international clients.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Be a member of a team which is responsible for the legal, regulatory and company secretarial duties of our clients;
- Drafting and review of contracts and other legal documentation;
- Deal with the engagement of new clients, due diligence processes and setting up of new structures;
- Assisting clients with any changes required to the corporate governance and capital structure;
- Providing clients with suitable solutions in response to their queries;
- The set-up of and/or take-over of both regulated and unregulated entities involvement from proposal stage to set-up or take over, including assisting with the on-boarding process of new clients;
- Carrying out changes required to the corporate governance and capital structure of the various client companies;
- Renewing and updating Memorandum and Articles of Association, offering documents as and when required;
- Preparation for board meetings and shareholders’ meetings, circulation of agendas, preparation of board documents and drafting of board minutes according to the meetings;
- Attending board meetings in the representation of the Company Secretary;
- Drafting of resolutions and supplemental documentation;
- The preparation and upkeep of the client company registers.
- Holding a Law Degree;
- At least 3 years' experience in the financial services industry;
- Experience at a law firm or who have formed part of the legal team of reputable entities operating within the financial services industry will be considered an asset.
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Attention to detail whilst also having the ability to multi-task;
- Strong organizational, planning and client relationship skills;
- Analytical thinker with superior problem-solving skills;
- Maintain a pro-active approach to work.