Packet Core Engineer
Required SkillsCCNA Computer Electronic Electronic Components Electronic Devices English Organizational Telecommunications vMware Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is leading communications services company.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for packet switched networks infrastructure installation, operation and maintenance with main focus on the Packet Core nodes;
- Coordinate Commissioning and testing of Packet Switched Nodes and interfaces to all interconnected network nodes;
- Assist in the dimensioning and capacity planning of the packet core infrastructure;
- Assist IP and Transport Networks Manager in analysis and planning exercises;
- Responsible for connectivity with other network Nodes and other operators network nodes;
- Perform regular routines on Networks entities;
- Carry out design & specifications for upgrading or installing new systems/processes, including evaluation of new software/hardware features;
- Draw up acceptance test procedures in conjunction with suppliers to be able to carry out the agreed acceptance testing;
- Create adhoc reports based on statistics collected on the various interfaces;
- Liaise with other sections in order to carry out the support function;
- Carry out system monitoring and perform network optimization and preventive maintenance;
- Gather problem symptoms, and implement corrective action where applicable;
- Carry out installations/upgrades and/or assist turnkey suppliers where applicable, ensuring smooth migration with minimal service disruption;
- Carry out the above duties outside office hours where deemed necessary;
- Perform and undergo staff training as required by the Company;
- Assist the Commercial Operations team in the design and solution proposal to customers.
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience working on projects which are networks related;
- Possess a MQF level 6 certification, preferably in electronics, computing or engineering;
- Have a CCNA certification;
- Previous experience in a service provider environment will be considered an asset;
- Good knowledge of VMWare and virtualisation will be considered an asset;
- Be fluent in English.
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Be attentive to detail.