Payments - Senior Backend Engineer
Are you an experienced Senior Backend .NET Engineer looking for your next challenge? Have a passion for working with the latest technologies and want to delve into the Payments area? This is the role for you!
About the Job
This role sits within our Payments Area, where the team works on developing and enhancing the payment system and solutions at this stage of the customer journey. The platform supports various payment options such as VISA, Master Card, electronic wallets like PayPal, prepaid cards, bank transfers and many others.
Payments team is developing Payment system and solutions for our online entertainment platform. The role of Senior .NET Developer means that you will to join and influence a project which is being created using the latest technologies (C#, .NET/ASP.NET Core, Docker, K8s, on-premise and cloud solutions, RabbitMQ, SQL Server and NoSQL), SOA, multi-tier distributed and highly scalable architecture, and test automation. We are a very Agile team that uses Scrum and common sense to assist in development.
What you'll do
As part of this team, you will build cloud-based solutions using the latest technologies for creating service-oriented solutions with lots of focus on transaction security and integrity. Our team also is moving towards microservice and containerisation with Docker.
As a Senior Backend .NET Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Close communication with POs, Architects and stakeholders to discuss and implement business requirements
- Product development to meet business’s needs and implement components according to the modern software development environment (cloud-based platforms, microservice architecture, etc.)
- Proactive position in solution development, processes improvements
- Taking part in the decision-making process in design or improvement of application architecture, solution development, architecture and code review
- Suggesting technology or approach or solution, discuss it together with the team and decide which technology to use
- Our teams are cross-functional and all team members focus on not only doing their own tasks but also work together with and assist other team members
Who you are
- Experience in software development for more than 5 years
- Excellent knowledge and experience in C#, .NET Framework, .NET Core, and ASP.NET (Core, MVC, WebAPI)
- Commercial experience with creation software architecture and design of complex multi-layer applications, platforms, microservice-based solutions
- Experience with Cloud computing platforms (e.g. Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- RESTful services development (ASP.NET or ASP.NET Core)
- RDBMS (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Key-value storages (e.g. Redis, Memcached)
- Messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, Azure ServiceBus, Apache Kafka, AWS SQS)
- ORM (e.g. Entity Framework, Dapper)
- Testing frameworks (e.g. NUnit, XUnit, MSTest)
- Version control systems (GIT)
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. TeamCity, Gitlab Pipeline, Jenkins, Bamboo)
Extra awesome if you have..
- Practical commercial experience with:
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, ElasticSearch, CouchDB)
- Integration with 3rd party solutions
- Search Engines (e.g. ElasticSearch, Azure Search, Apache Solr)
- Provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Understanding of orchestration and containerization (e.g. Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Knowledge in Deployment patterns
Where you'll be
Where in the world? For this role you are based in our HQ – Malta. Furthermore we offer 10 days per year of remote work from any EU location.
Prefer to work mostly from home? Not a problem! We offer a hybrid working model which gives our Betssonites the best of two worlds: 2 days working from the office to connect and collaborate in person and 3 days working from home to reflect our employee's preference.
- Become part of an extended family consisting of 60+ nationalities, 75% millennials and 10% GenX.
- Grow in your career through various different learning and development programs.
- Join an equal opportunity employer where 40% of our workforce are women, and growing.
- Become part of a passionate and industry leading team whose mission is to deliver the best customer experience in the industry.
What to know more about the employee benefits we offer in Malta? Read about it on our careers page: Read more about Malta here
At Betsson we like differences. It’s clear for us that we benefit from diversity and that we as a company become stronger and more competitive when hiring people with varying backgrounds, experiences and cultures.