Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
We are on the lookout for organised and detail oriented individuals to take on the exciting role of Procurement Officer within our Administration function. In this role, you will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our organization whilst constantly creating and maintaining good relationships with stakeholders!
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- A qualification at minimum Diploma level in Administration, Finance, Business, or equivalent
- ECDL qualification or equivalent
- Be an effective team player;
- Be willing to learn and work under minimal supervision;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A flair for building relationships
- Be methodical and well organised
- Have a valid Driving License.
Here is how to score some extra points:
- Being in possession of a Bachelors Degree in a related field such as Finance, Administration, or Business
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience with handling negotiations
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you’ll be doing:
- The timely processing of all procurement requests;
- Assisting in any other responsibilities and duties necessary to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the procurement section;
- The efficient delivery as required of any goods ordered including, but not limited to, processes within the customs;
- Communicating and negotiating with bidders and suppliers;
- Assisting/driving the procurement process which will include the drawing up of RFQs, selection of the winning bidder, issuing of PO and following up till the payment process is finalised;
- Handling and taking initiative in finding effective cost reduction measures
- Handling of petty cash and processing of all related paper work;
- The operation of any sub store as required for internal usage;
- The proper storage of all recharge vouchers in way in which all these items are easily identifiable and kept in good condition;
- Physical stock checks in various locations as required;
- Carrying out any ad-hoc assignments as may be requested from time-to-time;
- Performing any other responsibility as indicated by his superior as necessary
We’ll recruit as soon as we find our match. Don’t think twice – apply now.