Product Delivery Manager
Required SkillsAgile Attention to Detail Communication SCRUM SEO UX Written and Oral English Communication
Our client is a master in the field of lead generation.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Create a learning organization, and a great workplace culture which provides room for autonomy, mastery, and purpose;
- Coordinates and facilitates key team meetings including product discovery sessions, sprint planning, DSUs, sprint retros, and OKR check-ins.
- Ensure meetings are effective and that they yield the expected value, rather than just going through the motions;
- Ensure vision, mission and objectives are understood by everyone on the team;
- Promote a culture of ownership and self-organisation within the team;
- Support and facilitates the team to practice dual-track agile product discovery, and product delivery, encouraging the early involvement of team members in the process of product discovery and building a validated product backlog;
- Support the product owner in building a high-value product backlog, ensuring that the product backlog refinement process is well understood by both PO and team
- Facilitate effective collaboration between the PO and the team;
- Process inputs and managing the size of the product backlog;
- Defining the scope of an upcoming sprint by identifying and prioritising the most valuable items in the product backlog;
- Dedicated to the speed of the team's delivery, leading to the elimination of impediments that slow it down – on all functions within the team, from Dev and QA to Design, Content or SEO – while understanding the importance of not removing these impediments on behalf of the team;
- Motivate and encourage the team to have effective retrospectives;
- Ensure action items arising from retros are appropriately followed up to closure;
- Recognise that different stages of an agile team’s development require different approaches: some, teaching; some, coaching; and some, mentoring;
- Take appropriate and effective action to address counterproductive behaviour on the part of any team member;
- Help to create, track, and report performance values for the team and, most importantly, act on them;
- Guide the team through their journey of experimentation towards what works best for them to achieve their goals;
- Identifie anti-patterns as they emerge within the team, leads the team away from such anti-patterns if they occur, and guides the team towards avoiding them in the first place where possible;
- Contribute towards driving forward Agile within the company, translating best practices into actionable recommendations, socialising Agile, and advancing its adoption in the organisation.
- Experience working with agile teams; a strong grasp of the fundamentals of Scrum and Kanban is a must;
- Experience working in a Digital Marketing, SEO driven environment;
- Previous experience leading one or more desired cross-functional teams; experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach would be an asset;
- Advanced Jira skills, including the ability to build and customise boards, generate and interpret a variety of reports, as well as understanding and writing search queries in JQL, would be a plus.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English;
- Passion and enthusiasm to innovate, iterate and be an agent of change in an incredibly fast paced industry;
- Knowledge of or experience with any of the following would be an asset: the performance/affiliate marketing business model, the OKRs framework, Dual Track Agile with Product Discovery and Product Delivery, Lean UX, Theory of Constraints;
- Familiar with the Shu-Ha-Ri method of learning new techniques;
- Possesses a good grasp of, and able to concretely apply, a variety of team models and facilitation techniques;
- Established team leadership skills that focus on inspiration and influence;
- Keeps abreast of new and emerging methods, and quickly learns and applies new approaches with rigour;
- Comfortable working with a distributed team.