Required SkillsAttention to Detail Communication Microsoft Office Suite Organisational and Time Management Teamwork
Our client is a leading company in the hospitality, development and construction sectors.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Order all items against written purchase requests from the department head concerned;
- Order items at the most competitive prices;
- Order against definite specifications on quality, weight, etc. and ensure that these specifications conform to the Hotels’ standards;
- Compare purchase prices regularly with price lists in the government gazette and price levels of other suppliers;
- Ensure that adequate stocks are kept as per the established hotel par stock levels;
- Co-operates with the team and members of management and be supportive and loyal to the company;
- Keep adequate records of purchase prices for each item regularly purchased;
- Maintain a monthly price index of the main commodities purchased;
- Raise a purchase order for each item ordered, indicating on the order the quantity, purchase price agreed to with the supplier and specifications;
- Inform management immediately of any item that has increased substantially in price;
- Prepare a monthly ‘changes in purchase prices’ list.
- Have at least an O level standard of education;
- Have at least 2 years of experience working in a similar role;
- Be computer literate.
- Have good knowledge of suppliers as well as contacts;
- Be able to manage and lead a team of co-workers;
- A self-confident individual;
- An efficient individual;
- Well organised;
- Great verbal and written communication skills.