Required SkillsAnalytical Construction Diploma in Quantity Surveying Health and Safety Materials Monitoring Performance Testing Quality Assurance (QA)
Our client is a company that supports government-owned estates.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare feasibility studies and proposals, consistent with the Unit‘s guidelines, to cost accurately and present material to senior personnel for review and approval;
- Assist in the investigation and conduct of tender reviews to assess the soundness of submitted tenders from a cost and technical perspective;
- Together with the other Quantity Surveyors liaise with potential contractors to understand as appropriate technical costing rationale, submitting needs and tailoring solutions to meet budgets and provide value for money in project delivery;
- Identify and analyse risks related to costing estimates at an early stage and recommend contingency considerations;
- Maintain accurate technical records and data associated with specific projects including cost plans, cost studies, analysis, spreadsheets, drawings and specifications;
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the designated project which includes, but is not limited, to the contract and the scope of works;
- Maintain a current understanding of technical and building industry trends and practices to utilise as required on specific projects;
- Participate in and contribute to project team meetings to raise issues and concerns, highlighting priorities and process against set targets;
- Value and assess completed work and organise progress payments;
- Identify contract variances and submit recommendations to Management as appropriate;
- Apply standards and systems to projects undertaken, including Unit’s and professional quality standards, systems and project management guidelines;
- Provide input on ways to improve, refine and modify procedures;
- Attend briefings and meetings as necessary;
- Prepare and present reports and other documentation to Management as requested;
- Perform any other job-related duties as necessary or as assigned that may be required from time to time.
- Have a solid background in Construction, Land Surveying, Quantity, Surveying, or another related background;
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in the equivalent area;
- Possess a minimum of two years working in an office with an industrial background;
- Have a valid driving licence.
- Have multitasking skills;
- Have good communication skills.